Related Publications & Presentations:
- Adkins, D., & Burns, C. S. (2013, Fall). Arizona Public Libraries Serving the Spanish-Speaking: Context for Changes. Reference & User Services Quarterly, 53(1): 60-70.
- Adkins, D., & Burns, C. S. (2011, December 15). How do Arizona’s public libraries serve the Spanish-speaking? REFORMA Newsletter. Available from http://www.reforma.org/article_content.asp?edition=2§ion=1&article=36.
- Adkins, D. (2010, November 16). The State of Public Library Services to Spanish Speakers in Arizona. Paper presented at the Arizona Library Association Conference, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Adkins, D., & Burns, C. S. (2010, October 7). Immigration & Language Policy: An Examination of the Effects of Popular Sentiment on the Provision of Library Services. Paper presented at the Fifth Library Research Seminar, College Park, MD.
- Adkins, D., & Bala, B. (2004, Summer). Public library outreach as a function of staffing and metropolitan location. Library & Information Science Research, 26(3), 338-350.
- Adkins, D. (2001, November 8). Survey Says…. Effective Practices in Library Services to Latinos. Paper presented at the Kansas Library Association Public Library Section / Library Trustees Association Fall Conference, Hesston, KS.
- Adkins, D. (2001). The effect of the Hispanic demographic upon library service to the Spanish-speaking. In L. Castillo-Speed (Ed.), The Power of Language/El poder de la palabra: Selected Papers from the Second REFORMA National Conference (pp. 121-129). Englewood, CO: Libraries Unlimited.
- Adkins, D. (2000, August). The Effect of the Hispanic Demographic upon Public Library Services to the Spanish-speaking. Paper presented at the Second REFORMA National Conference, Tucson, AZ.